Wednesday, March 25, 2009

THE Music Festival...!!

Praise the Lord, we have successfully completed our first String Orchestra! Last Thursday we traveled down to Tennessee, where our wonderful friends the Steffens invited us to test our music skills by playing in an orchestra. There were roughly about 300 children who were playing or singing in either the Band, Choir, or String Orchestra. We had such wonderful fun with our friends, and also playing all the fun music! We practiced 6 songs - Contrasts in E Minor (Which was Matthew, Caleb and my favorite song), The Chase (a really fun one too), Jesus the Very Thought of Thee (very beautiful song), At the Name of Jesus (One we played with the band and the choir), Allegro Spiritioso (The most challenging song for me to play, but still fun), and Themes From Vivaldi Gloria (I liked that one too). So, here are a bunch of pictures for you all to enjoy.... ;-) (If any of you want the full sized photos, feel free to send us an email or leave a comment!)


Practice Time... (Actually this was group rehearsal. {at least that's what I think its called} I was so sad I forgot my camera on Thursday, so we had to wait till Daddy got there on Friday to get any pictures... :-( ) A total average, we practiced 15 hours in 1 1/2 days! It was a lot of work, but oh it was more than worth it!


Having fun playing with friends... I was so glad that I was able to sit beside Shayla and play 2nd violin - she was such a huge help to me!!

The beginnings of Friday's Concert... Our first one ever! Oh the excitment!! ;-)

The important cellists and violist - all ready for the concert we've practiced and anticipated for so long...!

Two very happy friends...

Before we knew it, Sabbath evenings concert rolled around. The man that is standing in the middle of the picture is our great Conductor. :-)

:: Friends are a blessing! ::

If you can't tell, Shayla and I really had a good time together in the back row of the orchestra!!! What memories..


Full of wonderful memories, and very Happy and content after the concert. It was so fun to work together! We really hope to do it again sometime... What a huge blessing good friends are!!

On the next post, I'll be posting some videos of the music that we played - so stay tuned! ;-)

**A big thanks to the best Daddy in the world for taking all these great pictures!!**

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a grand post!! The pictures and commentary brought many a chuckle and marvelous memories... That was So fun! We are all greatly looking forward to the videos!!

    ReplyDelete